[LAU] mute laptop speakers with Intel HDA

gnome at hawaii.rr.com gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 1 17:58:41 EDT 2007

The reason you see the options for "caller ID" and "off hook" is that
the Intel HDA chipset also includes a modem. My laptop uses Intel HDA,
and I'm used to the modem part showing up as if it were an audio device.

The audio works on my laptop except for an inability to record from the
mic input. Last I heard, ALSA was blaming the kernel, and kernel
developers were blaming ALSA. Although I haven't tried it since my most
recent kernel update.

$8 USB audio dongle? Where did you find such a thing? Tell me more.

David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community