[LAU] LAC2006 videos URL?

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Thu Aug 2 02:08:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:20:05PM -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
>    Thanks! ...and now that we are into it, what happened to the LAC07 videos?
>    The links are also broken at the official web site and I remember there
>    were some raw material clips and an effort to recruit volunteers to edit
>    them... did it happen?
>
>    Cheers!
>
>    Hector

http://lad.linuxaudio.org/events/2007_tub/

thorwil made a nice index up one dir:
http://lad.linuxaudio.org/events/

The LAC07 files are probably in as good a state as they are going to
get. I believe Thorsten is the only one who has worked on them. I'm not
sure what was done beyond getting them all properly named and sorted. I
have not personally had time to even look at or listen to any of them.
If you have time to put into cleaning up anything you are certainly
welcome to help.

To be honest, I've avoided reviewing any of it because I feel awful
about how much we missed and the generally poor quality of the
production. And, frankly, LAC was quite painful this year. Hence my
parenthetical and postscriptal calls for help. We want very much to
recruit a bigger team with more resources and preparation in order to be
sure of covering things well for both the live streams and posterity. It
should be possible to minimise the need for post-conference editing.

I've helped the video team at debconf7 in June and I'm planning to help
at the Melbourne FOMS, mini-confs and LCA08 in January. So, by the time
of LAC08 in Köln I hope to have some good ideas about what's needed and
how to go about things better. Jörn does camera and sound work
professionally, so I think he already has a very good idea of what we
need.

I hope to recruit some of the debconf-video team to help at LAC and
anyone from the LA* community who can contribute will be greatly
appreciated. Sometime in the coming months I hope to start holding
regular irc planning meetings and set up a wiki and mailing list
somewhere for organizing, discussing and collecting information.

Thanks again for your interest,
Eric Rz.

(PS have we mentioned that the stream team needs more volunteers?)