[LAU] Reverb status?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Aug 2 09:12:46 EDT 2007

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>Ben Firshman wrote:
>

>>http://www.knufinke.de/sir/sir1.html
>>
>>Free (not open source) convolution reverb that sounds stunning if you
>>get some decent impulses. It's stable enough to use on WINE, but does
>>have a tendency to crash.
>>

>With the existance of working FLOSS convolution reverbs (Jace and
>Jconv [0]), there is little need to play around with closed source
>windows stuff that "does have a tendancy to crash".
>
>Don't you agree? :-)

Politically, yes. Realistically, no.

Have you tried the SIR plugin ? I've been testing it with ArdourVST and
Reaper, the latest version has been performing nicely. I'll compare it
with jconv as soon as I can get that app built (my 64Studio upgrade has
dispensed with Synaptic, I don't know what GUI package manager to use
now, and I want to find whether 64Studio has it in repo).

Best,

dp