[LAU] Reverb status?

eviltwin69 at cableone.net eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Aug 2 12:12:55 EDT 2007

On Thu Aug  2 15:56 , Arnold Krille  sent:

>Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 schrieb eviltwin69 at cableone.net:
>
>>  If I could afford a Lexicon reverb unit per track
>
>> I'd buy a bunch of those and use them outboard and not worry about the
>
>> plugins.
>

>Do you really want to use a different reverb on each track? At least if you
>
>are recording music from real instruments I find it very disturbing when each
>
>instrument has its own virtual room. Putting them all in one or two rooms
>
>with different fractions sounds (to my ears) much nicer.

    Yes.  When I'm playing live I use more reverb than the other guitarist.  The
bass player uses less.  The drummer wants different reverb settings per mic.  At
the end of a recording session I may add an overall (slight reverb) but every
instrument has a different amount and (sometimes) type of reverb.  BTW, I really
like your signature blurb ;-)

Jan