[LAU] mute laptop speakers with Intel HDA

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 2 12:59:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 06:08:36PM +0300, Michael Baranov wrote:
> And one more question: does anybody have speaker mute feature working on
> ANY hardware? I never had it working neither on my laptops nor my
> desktops. Maybe it's a missing feature, not a bug?

I can do it with alsamixer on a dell D810.
/proc/asound/cards idenfifies it as:
 0 [ICH6           ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6

                      Intel ICH6 with STAC9750,51 at irq 16

I use the snd_intel8x0 driver, and with alsamixer it Just Works: the
Master control mutes the speaker, the Headphone control mutes the
headphone jack.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com