[LAU] <OT> 'Sir' Elton John (a.k.a. Pennyhouse with rolls) wants to shut down the web <off topic>

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:17:12 EDT 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-cF0W2JLw
I think this stuff needs to come back.

I've noticed that some of the technology opens the way for lots of
mediocrity.  But I equate that with democracy.  There's still great stuff
made, and the institution of art/music doesn't belong to anyone.  There was
lots of putrid rock put out in the 60's and 70's that was quickly
forgotten.  I guess the technology of guitar amps and Moog synths really
killed creativity.
But really, Elton mouths off about random stuff on a regular basis.  In my
professional estimation, he doesn't really care either way.  People say crap
like that sitting in all-night diners in the middle of nowhere and who
cares; this is just the same deal but from someone who used to be
"important."

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com