[LAU] Reverb status?

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Aug 2 17:08:24 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 12:13:40PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> ardour's use of busses+sends will be changing (in trunk) in the next few
> months. the new model will much more closely parallel the way hardware
> consoles tend to work. and yes, sends will have their gain level
> controllable from the main fader by just clicking on its name in that
> particular mixer strip.

That's good news !

But I hope you will keep the flexible busses we have now. It should
be not a great problem to combine the best of both worlds.

As you describe it, it will be possible to switch individual track
faders to control a send. This is very useful, but you also want
to do this globally, e.g. to set up a monitor mix. Having to switch
all faders one by one is no practical solution.

There's a problem with Ardour's flexibility here: since it has no
predefined sends, there's no place to put a button that would switch
all faders to control any particular send. One solution would be to
require that a send must go to a bus. This both provides a master
control for the send, and a place to put a button that would switch
all faders.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !