[LAU] mute laptop speakers with Intel HDA

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 2 18:26:26 EDT 2007

Hallo,
Michael Baranov hat gesagt: // Michael Baranov wrote: i
> So you suggest picking up an USB dongle? Will I be able to use it
> instead of the main audio card? (I mean will I be able to completely
> disable it in order no to interfere with USB dongle)

You can either disable the builtin card by not loading and
blacklisting the module for that card, or just enable both and select
which card you want to use by name and number, for example in jackd it
could be "jackd -d alsa -d hw:1" or so.

I generally do this on my laptop: When I don't have the USB card
connected, I use the internal card, otherwise I just start jackd on
the USB card.

Ciao