[LAU] mo blues

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Aug 5 11:53:55 EDT 2007

Greetings,

Thanks for the nice comments, guys, I appreciate anyone taking the time
to listen.

Ken Restivo wrote:

>I like the Sun Records Echoplex-style slapback echo on the vocals.

Ah yes, that's the ever-popular-at-StudioDave CAPS Versatile Plate Reverb.

>Is that a peizo pickup built into the guitar bridge?

Yes, alas. Someday I'll buy another nice acoustic (sans pickup), but
until then I'll keep buying instruments that work on the gig. I usually
buy relatively cheap ones too, there's little point in purchasing a
$3000 axe for the gigs I play. Visions of drunks falling on my guitars
temper my enthusiasm for the high-price beauties.

The guitar on this track is an Ibanez AEF30 with nice electronics, but
it still sounds like tuned & amplified rubber bands to me. :)

Best,

dp