[LAU] OT slightly - Linux on a MacBookPro

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 15:54:34 EDT 2007

Can you?  Certainly.  In fact there are some distros out specifically
designed for the Macbook [Pro] .  ELive is one that comes to mind, however
their kernel is not patched with Ingo's patches by default, though I will
probably be making one to do that once my MBP actually gets to me(2 day
shipping is taking 4 days, and they drug their feet shipping it in the first
place).

I don't know what the status of support on most distros is though.  But yes
it certainly is possible and I have every intention of doing so when mine
gets in.

            Seablade