[LAU] Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Aug 14 01:59:01 EDT 2007

Jack O'Quin wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, this really, really blows. Anyone know how to make this new
>> setup work in gmail? It seems to encourage off list discussion which
>> is pretty evil. Maybe we should take a vote or some sane democratic
>> process...
>
> "Reply to all" works fine for me.

Oh great, now filtering is broken, because I only get one copy of the
message, the one sent to my email, while the "list copy" does not get
sent to me, so filtering by List-Id (which is default on many email
clients, both desktop- and web-based) does not work.

All that in the name of a useless, purely theoretical, detached from
reality, ivory-tower concept of how a mailing list should work. :-(

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/