[LAU] Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Aug 14 06:30:18 EDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 14. August 2007 schrieb david:
> Chris McCormick wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:27:00AM +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> >> Yeah, this really, really blows. Anyone know how to make this new
> >> setup work in gmail? It seems to encourage off list discussion which
> >> is pretty evil. Maybe we should take a vote or some sane democratic
> >> process...
> >
> > My vote is for people to 'reply to all' when they want to reply to
> > all/list, and 'reply' when they want to reply just to the sender (keep
> > it how it is right now, as is supported in all mail clients).
> Using Thunderbird here, "Reply to All" put Chris in the To field, Loki
> and the LAU list in CC fields. So presumably the first two folk each get
> two copies of a reply unless I remove their individual address entries.
> And "Reply" only sends a reply to Chris ... anyway, works for me. I'm
> used to hitting Reply and replacing the original sender's address with
> the list address, anyway, just one of my many quirks.

No, they will probably only get one email, because the list software removes
the duplicates. And they will only get the "private" email which is without
the real list-headers. And thus the filters will not work!

And if they do their part by changing the "remove duplicates"-setting, they
will get the mail two times, one filtered to the correct place and one
poluting the inbox...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/