[LAU] Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 05:26:30 EDT 2007

Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 00:12 -1000, david wrote:
>> Chris McCormick wrote:
>>> My vote is for people to 'reply to all' when they want to reply to
>>> all/list, and 'reply' when they want to reply just to the sender (keep
>>> it how it is right now, as is supported in all mail clients).
>> Using Thunderbird here, "Reply to All" put Chris in the To field, Loki
>> and the LAU list in CC fields. So presumably the first two folk each get
>> two copies of a reply unless I remove their individual address entries.
>> And "Reply" only sends a reply to Chris ... anyway, works for me. I'm
>> used to hitting Reply and replacing the original sender's address with
>> the list address, anyway, just one of my many quirks.
>
> Or you could use "Reply to List", <CTRL-L>, which isn't in the toolbar
> by default.
>
> Even better.

When I did that on my Thunderbird (v2.0.0.4 for Linux) here, I got a new
message, with the message from the list attached to it, ready for
forwarding to any address I decide to type into the To file. IOW - NO
address whatsoever from the original email. On the Message menu, Ctrl-L
is the keystroke for "Forward".

Great if I wanted to forward the email to someone else. Worthless if I
want to reply to the list OR the original sender.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community