[LAU] problems with jack_mixer

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Sun Aug 19 18:21:07 EDT 2007

"Hector Centeno" <hcengar at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just built and installed Jack_Mixer using Fedora 7. I can't get it to run
> and I get this error message:
>
> $ jack_mixer
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/jack_mixer", line 22, in <module>
>     import jack_mixer_c
> ImportError: No module named jack_mixer_c
>
> Searching for the file I found this:
>
> $ sudo find /usr/local -name "jack_mixer*"
> /usr/local/share/jack_mixer
> /usr/local/share/jack_mixer/jack_mixer.glade
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jack_mixer_c.py
> /usr/local/etc/gconf/schemas/jack_mixer.schemas
> /usr/local/bin/jack_mixer.py
> /usr/local/bin/jack_mixer
>
> Is it a problem with a Python environment variable?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hector

This is mostly caused by a problem that is fixed in svn and thus will be
in upcoming release (6). So far changes we be:

 * Fix building against jack 0.102.20
 * Handle python prefix different from install prefix (defect you have
   been probably been hit by)
 * Fix LASH-less operation
 * Update install instructions after lash-0.5.3 release

You could try one of these:

use /usr as prefix (assuming your python is installed in /usr)

or

checkout latest svn and try it, thus verifying jack_mixer-6 (and
hopefully any future versions) will work for you.

or

wait for jack_mixer-6

or

if you feel brave - try to workaround problem by tweaking python module
search path

Please provide further feedback about your experience with jack_mixer!

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>