[LAU] alsa problem

arisstotle.54695488 at bloglines.com arisstotle.54695488 at bloglines.com
Sun Aug 19 21:30:32 EDT 2007

This has to be one of those problems with an overly simple solution, but it
escapes me atm. I first noticed it with xmms, playing music, of any sort,
it will play fine for a while, then will stop, as if waiting to fill up a
buffer, but never starts back again, it also continues to display the play
symbol but no time advancement. I've narrowed it down to being an alsa problem,
because when I run aplay somesound.wav, aplay never exits, and the sound loops
indefinitely.