[LAU] Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Mon Aug 20 11:38:34 EDT 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:54:18 +0200
> From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
>
> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 15:24 +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

>>> OK, it seems that I have try this version:
>>>
>>> asmok at ubuntu:~$ /usr/local/bin/jackdmp
>>> jackdmp 0.64
>>
>> This is the SVN version. Better use the published 0.63 version
>> (http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.63.zip)
>>

>>> How about other programs? Do you know what programs can use jackdmp
>>> instead of jackd? Is there any available?
>>>
>>> Bets regards Asmo Koskinen.
>>
>> Any program that correctly does dynamic linking should work with
>> jackdmp. I remember some (?? don't remember which right now )-:) that
>> were doing static linking with a specific version of libjack.so thus
>> failing to work with jackdmp.
>
> Aren't there some differences with the threads in which certain
> callbacks are executed,

Yes, they are 2 threads, one for audio callback (Real-Time) and one
for non RT code, that is notifications from the server. But in
general this is completely transparent for applications, and I don't
know of any applications that show problems because of that (if they
are some, please  tell me... ((:)

> and with MIDI?

Dmitry Baikov was working on that, and part of the code for MIDI in
already in jackdmp MIDI branch, although it is not complete yet.

Stephane