[LAU] Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Aug 21 05:39:12 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 10:43:33AM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> >I start jackdmp on hw:1. Everything works fine, except alsaplayer.
> >When started it plays to both hw:0 and hw:1, at twice the normal
> >speed but normal pitch. Now I guess it was linked statically
> >with libjack (Grrrr), but why/how it manages to use both servers
> >at the same time I just can't imagine...
>
> Hum, how can that happens?? Do you really have jackd and jackdmp
> running at the same time??

No. I tried this again to find out more. What apparently happens is
that Alsaplayer tries to connect to jackdmp, it succeeds (shows up
in qjackctl and is connected) but somehow it thinks it fails and
then opens the ALSA interface on hw:0. So it ends up with two output
methods calling the main code.

So now there are two questions:

- Why does Alsaplayer wrongly think it can't connect to jackdmp ?
- Why, if that happens, it falls back on ALSA while the user has
  clearly requested to use JACK ?

> Recompile it with jackdmp installed?   ((-:

Aaaaaarrgggh !

Apart from this there are two minor problems:

- I get a jackdmp error whenever an application
  terminates - a write to a fifo fails. It seems
  to happen with all applications.

- The install remove target fails if you happen to have
  a old libjack.so around. I had both 0.0.23 and 0.0.27
  installed, with the symlinks going to latter of course,
  and the remove target tried to restore the wrong one.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !