[LAU] Environment Variable Troubles

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:47:55 EDT 2007

First, my instructions in /etc/profile aren't being loaded.  I have
OPCODEDIR for Csound exported there, and it never does.  Anyone know what
might cause this?

I'm also confused about setting multiple values for a variable.  I try $:
export LADSPA_PATH="/usr/lib/ladspa:/home/chuckk/ladspa", and this causes
Rosegarden to crash on start.  All of the Debian binaries for LADSPA plugins
install to /usr/lib/ladspa, so I'd rather not just make
LADSPA_PATH=/home/chuckk/ladspa.  But Csound's csLADSPA turns .csd files
into plugins, and I have to be able to edit them, preferably not always as
root.  Is my syntax correct?

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com