[LAU] Ubuntu Studio and Delta 1010 (zoom h4)

Peter Finnegan peter.c.finnegan at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 12:06:15 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 23:08 -0600, stuff at trackingsolutions.ca wrote:
> Anyone using the H4 Zoom?
>
> I am looking for some presales advice before buying. Does it work as a usb
> interface with Linux?
>
> What is your general / overall opinion?
>
> Thanks
My colleague just got one for the music department where I work.  As a
standalone recorder, it sounds good and is very easy to use.

I tried it as a usb audio interface for my laptop running ubuntustudio,
and it does work.  When you turn it on, while connected to a computer,
the h4 will ask to be either audio IO or connect to PC.  Both modes work
just fine, at least on my machine.

I have not used it extensively, as we just got it a few weeks ago.  The
few test recordings my colleagues and I have made sound clear.

PF