[LAU] (zoom h4)

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Thu Aug 23 14:13:49 EDT 2007

> I am going to buy it tonight :)
>
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 1:34 pm, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > I have used it just for capture, while using the onboard laptop card for
> > output.  I heard this is bad, though, but I haven't yet tried running
> > duplex through the H4.  I'll let you know.  It works great with very low
> > latency as just capture...

I can confirm using it with low latency (PD with 10ms),...

one drawback is that the inputs are always monitored on outputs (line or
phone), so I cannot play concert with my notebook and use the Inputs for
processing without live amplification of the mic :-(

(maybe a sound cancelation, but the computer is to slow ;-))

mfg winfried

> > -Chuckk

> > > ****************************************************************
> > > Zoom H4, a great device. It's mic sensitivity requires some tweaking,
> > > mine is
> > > set at about 94db. I mostly use the MP3 at 320 kb stereo and get very
> > > satisfactory results, the Wav format will yield even higher resolution.
> > > It easily get 4+ hours on 2 2750mah rechargeables. The H4 does not
> > > drive the USB
> > > 2 standard to the max transfer rate. I have not used the external mike,
> > > nor
> > > the effects.  Overall very pleased. Sweetwater is a no BS professional
> > > gear
> > > shop and well trained staff. Before buying you may want to check out
> > > Zooms new H4, which is less $, has surround capabilities, larger max SD
> > > 4gig capacity, otherwise reduced features from the H4. Google and
> > > listen to some
> > > of the audio postings on the web.
> > > Hope this helps.
> > > Tom F.

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.at.gpg.net/)