[LAU] Stereo Recording Laptop Sound Card Options for Linux?

Rob Frohne frohro at wallawalla.edu
Fri Aug 24 01:49:38 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an inexpensive sound card for my laptop that will record
in stereo.  My Dell D600 is crippled in that they didn't hook up both
wires, even though the chip used is a stereo chip.  I want ALSA drivers.
USB would be best, but a firewire or PCMCIA card would also work.  I
looked at the IndigoI/O but it requires hotplug, and Ubuntu has moved
away from the hotplug system.  Please be as specific as possible.  I
have found that manufacturers often change the chipsets even though the
card name is retained.

Thanks,

Rob
--