[LAU] Categorizing Ladspa plugins?

Myk myk at waxfrenzy.org
Sat Aug 25 04:48:41 EDT 2007

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:00:04 +0200
Matthias Schönborn <mbs1303 at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've got a short question: How can I categorize my Ladspa plugins? I've
> installed a lot of plugins to be able to choose the ones that are right for
> me, and now it's getting a little bit messy. If I want to chain a plugin, for
> example in ardour, quite 50% are categorized, but the other half is
> uncategorised. How can I assign them a category? Thanks for your advice!

Hi Matthias

LADSPA plugins are categorised using RDF files - you can usually find them under /usr/share/ladspa/rdf (or do

$ echo $LADSPA_RDF_PATH)

in case they're installed somewhere else on your distro)

Plugins that aren't categorised lack a description in one of these files, and your best bet would be to write them up yourself. You can get away with copying the header and root element from one of the other files:

---8<---
<!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF [
<!ENTITY rdf "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<!ENTITY rdfs "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">
<!ENTITY dc "http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<!ENTITY ladspa "http://ladspa.org/ontology#">
]>

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="&rdf;" xmlns:rdfs="&rdfs;" xmlns:dc="&dc;" xmlns:ladspa="&ladspa;">

</rdf:RDF>
--->8---

and then add an entry for each plugin you want to categorise inside the root element (just before '</rdf:RDF>') - you'll only need to add three lines for each plugin - e.g:

  <ladspa:OscillatorPlugin rdf:about="&ladspa;1641">
    <dc:title>Bandlimited Sawtooth Oscillator</dc:title>
  </ladspa:OscillatorPlugin>

The ID (1641 in the example above) and title you can get using the analyseplugin utility that comes with ladspa. The availbale categories (OscillatorPlugin etc) are found in $LADSPA_RDF_PATH/ladspa.rdfs

Hope this helps!
-
Mike