[LAU] Ripping audio from a video cd

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Tue Aug 28 13:48:55 EDT 2007

Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a video cd. Somehow, KDE was giving me problems with it, but I ripped
> it using K3b and now I have the mpeg file. I want to rip out a certain song
> >from the video and convert it to mp3/ogg etc. How would I be able to do this?
>
> TIA.

hi, just reading your question i tried something very, very good (for
me) which worked out.
with 'mhwaveedit' we are able to open the sound of a video file.
yes, i just realized.
it took me about 5 minutes to 'capture' the sound of an 120min. video,
than just go to 'save as' and choose wav or ogg or whatever. i think,
the best way is if you put the .ogg suffix already into the file name,
when 'saving as'!

than you will be able to open the file in ardour!

wow, this is great, thanks for your question!

cheers,
doc