[LAU] [OT] MIT Open Courseware informal study group?

Bill White bill.white at griggsinst.com
Tue Aug 28 22:18:31 EDT 2007

I must admit, scheme leaves me somewhat cold.  I once wrote a prototype
of the symbol table for an Ada compiler in scheme, and I grew to dread
it as a tool.  It turns out to be hard to program without global variables.
Also, every time I met Gerry Sussman I ended up thinking (1) he would
be much easier to take if he thought he was only half as smart as he really
thought he was, and (2) if he was half as smart as he thought he was,
he would be twice as smart as me.

Nonetheless, if you wanted to do this I would listen in to email traffic,
and occasionally comment.

I was thinking it would be more interesting to go through the DSP or
maybe the Linear Systems course.  But maybe everyone on this list
has more mathematics than programming skills, which is the exact
opposite of my situation.