[LAU] getting started with qjackctl and Linux Sampler...

Preston Callison gprestonc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:50:51 EDT 2007

I have used midi on Windows with Gigastudio and understand how to get
it working. I would like to use my .gig files on Linux because I am
afraid of another crash due to Gigastudio and I cannot afford to due
another Windows install and then reinstall all of my software.

The questions that I have is how to get qjackctl to get the midi
signal from my TMK-88 midi controller and route them to Linux Sampler.
A couple of questions are:

-How can you tell if qjackctl is receiving a midi signal from your keyboard?
-Is there anyway to tell if qjackctl is sending an output signal?
-How do I setup qjackctl and run it out to Linux Sampler? I have a
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Ex Platinum sound card.

I don't understand how to use qjackctl or Linux Sampler? Thanks.