[LAU] LAC2008 submission deadline extended

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Dec 1 11:05:11 EST 2007

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:20:47 +0100
Martin Rumori <lists at rumori.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the deadline for the call for papers and music for the Linux Audio
> Conference 2008 (LAC2008) has been extended.
>
> The new and final deadline for paper and music submissions is now
>
> Thursday, December 6, 2007, 24:00 UTC
>
> (This is equal to Friday, December 7, 2007, 0:00 UTC)
>
> We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio
> processing based on Linux and open source software. Papers can focus
> on technical, artistic or scientific issues and can target developers
> or users.
>
> We are also looking for music that has been produced completely or
> mostly under Linux and/or with open source software from every genre:
> compositions, Electronica, Chill-Out, Ambient, etc.
>
> For paper submissions, please use the online form at
>
> http://lac.linuxaudio.org/openconf
>
> For music submissions and further details on both calls, please refer
> to the calls below and on the web at
>
> http://lac.linuxaudio.org
>
> We are looking forward to many interesting submissions for the 6th
> International Linux Audio Conference 2008 and we hope to see you in
> Cologne 2008!
>
> Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anybody who might be
> interested.
>
> On behalf of the LAC2008 organisation team,
>
> Frank Barknecht and Martin Rumori
>

> ----------
>

> Linux Audio Conference 2008 Cologne, Germany
> 28.02.-02.03.2008
>
> Call for Papers
> ===============
> http://lac.linuxaudio.org/download/lac2008_callforpapers.txt
>
> We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio
> processing based on Linux and open source software. Papers can focus
> on technical, artistic or scientific issues and can target developers
> or users. This includes (but is not limited to) the following
> categories:
>
>     * Computer Music
>     * Music Production
>     * Instruments
>     * Drivers and Sound Architecture
>     * Audio Distributions
>     * Generic (Usage, Documentation etc.)
>
> The conference is held in English.
>
> Length of a paper is 4-8 pages. Papers have to include an abstract
> (50-100 words). The abstract will be published separately on the
> conference website once the paper has been accepted. Also, papers
> should include up to 5 keywords.
>
> In general talks should take 20-30 minutes followed by 5 minutes
> discussion.
>
> Please notify us if you need a special technical setup. The technical
> standard setup will be:
>
>     * microphone/head set
>     * projector with XVGA input (resolution 1024x768)
>     * stereo speaker setup with mini jack input
>
> If you are not able to bring your laptop along with you, please notify
> us in advance.
>
> How to submit

> [...]

I was quite interested in this, but am at a loss as to how to sign the
release form if I send a URL via e-mail.

Also, there is no indication as to how many submissions are acceptable
from an individual artist, nor whether they should have separate
releases.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk