[LAU] emi 2 | 6: after upgrade from ubuntustudio 7.04-7.10, alsa works, but no jack

howdood howard_peacock at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:15:49 EST 2007

SOLVED!! (well, sort of)

I did what I should have done in the first place - commented out every line
in .asoundrc (including the one with a link to .asoundrc.asoundconf, so the
system wasn't seeing alsa's default settings, then set everything in
qjackctl to 'default'.  At first, I was getting a complaint that I was using
th plug layer, but that seems to have gone away now as well.

Only problem is that qjackctl sometimes makes the toolbars vanish when you
roll the mouse over them... but then I can always run jackd from a command
line launcher.

The moral is:  let the kernel sort it out.

Thanks for your suggestions!