[LAU] Hardware synths

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 4 12:26:18 EST 2007

> > Le Dimanche, 02 Décembre 2007 15:53:30 +0000,
> > Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> a écrit :
> > > You still haven't posted a sample of it.

That particular patch (that Ianas finds so rich) can be heard here:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProKeys88-main.html

demo patch number 12.

To me it sounds like strings samples with slow attack through
chorus+reverb and a bit of low pass filtering.
So I think that all the talk about swsynths vs. hwsynths is irrelevant
as this particular instrument seems to be sample-based.  I guess it
could very easily be achieved with fluidsynth (loaded with a decent
soundfont) and optionally jack-rack with a couple of LADSPA plugins.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about.

Cheers.

./MiS