[LAU] Piano and bass

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 5 09:38:27 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 00:40 +0100, Matthias Schönborn wrote:
> Am Dienstag 04 Dezember 2007 21:15:43 schrieb Miguel M:
> > Hmm, if you want a realistic sounding bass I would suggest plugging in
> > your guitar to jack-rack (or some similar effects program) and use a
> > pitch shifter to shift the pitch down by 50%.
>
> I did that - kids, don't try this at home!
> (Sounds like everything except a bass ;-) )

It can sound pretty good in some cases.
Try nylon string acoustic guitar through the LADSPA pvoc plugin, set to
one octave down, with a some compression after it.
Instant double bass!

You have to play the guitar like a double bass though, no nails or pick
and with the style and lines a bass player would play. Helps to use a
dynamic mic fairly near the guitar and get some whoomph from the sound
hole too.