[LAU] [OT] gimp frustrations

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Dec 6 12:17:41 EST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 schrieb david:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 schrieb Dave Phillips:
> >> I have an image. I want to add simple text to it. I want that text to be
> >> white, not black.
> >> What would you use to do this ?
> > Gimp!
> > Either select the right color before you start creating the text.
> > Or edit the text again and change the colors while editing.
> > Or make the text its own layer and fill the whole layer with the color
> > you want.
> > Or...
> > You could also try to do it on the commandline with "convert", but I
> > think Gimp is _much_ easier to use.
> I prefer adding text to images using Inkscape. Vector-based text comes
> out much better than bitmap based text, at least to me.

After saving to a pixel-based format (and I believe that dave means
pixel-based when he talks about images) that advantage becomes nill. And gimp
afaik uses the same font-engine as inkscape to render text. And yes, inkscape
renders text! To screen and to the exported pixmap/image...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---