[LAU] audio interview - reducing bumps and peaks?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 6 17:50:57 EST 2007

Hallo,
Kevin Cosgrove hat gesagt: // Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> Usually I attend to the very worst abnormalities individually.
> After that I apply a fast look ahead limiter to deal with the
> remaining peaks, if needed.  Following that I might compress the
> track, if needed, or I might try to level the volume, if needed.
> I use Audacity for all of this.

I use Ardour for it and when I was doing it for the first time, I
discovered the difference between "Slide edit" and "Splice edit". For
cleaning up interviews you generally want "Splice edit" mode, which
will move regions after the cut automatically to fit with the regions
before that. (Audacity doesn't know any other mode.)

If you don't want to do cuts, Ardour's level curves etc. are a big
help as well. Which to choose of course depends on the material.

Ciao