[LAU] Hardware synths (This is the snippet)

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Fri Dec 7 17:14:12 EST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:30:47 -0800
Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 09:12:06PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:42:35 -0800
> > Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

> > > Wow, that resonant note that seems to emerge out of the high notes, is really sweet.
> > >
> > > -ken
> >
> > Well all these samples and trial bits has sparked an idea.
> >
> > Demo is now about a minute long :)
> >
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Demo.mp3
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Demo.ogg
> >
> > I don't yet know where I'll go with it, or what I'll call it, but I
> > think it has promise.
>
> Beautiful!

Thank you :)

> I am hearing some kind of a kicking breakbeat behind that! Is it played to a click track? If so, what's the tempo?

Tempo is 120bpm. Time sig. is 4/4 and each phrase spreads across 4 bars.

> If you wouldn't mind me desecrating it in that way, then I'd love it if you could license it BY-SA and post it to the Linux Audio Collaboration project site.
>
> http://lau-cb.peterlutek.com/readme.html
>
> -ken

All my work is BY-SA. Sometimes I add NC to stuff I especially want to
protect, but not to a part finished clip like this.

So far I've extended it to 2 minutes, but haven't put that version up
yet as I not quite happy with one of the later progressions.

I'm happy for anyone to develop on top of this, but am reluctant to put
it up on the collaboration site, for fear of diluting the site - there
already seem to be several 'starts' that don't seem to have much being
added to them :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk