[LAU] Hardware synths (This is the snippet)

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Dec 7 19:16:50 EST 2007

Le Vendredi, 7 Décembre 2007 23:56:35 +0000,
Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> a écrit :

> No, the first three chords from the original demo started me off,
> and I quite liked the expression in the snippet. After that it took
> on a life of its own :)

It's kind of nice, but it is soooo 4/4.  And I mean that 5/4 wouldn't
be better.  Or any other time signature.  The intent turned out more
like a nightmare for software that tries to print out music on a staff,
so to speak.  Fuzziness, or muddiness would be more like it.  Over
which a melody could come and go.  Perhaps on a wind instrument.  On
the low side, the bass could be using a mix of harmonics and soft low
notes.  Things would evolve rather quickly (must not forget about short
attention span ! ;-) so that percussion could reing in.  And perhaps
sustaining from a guitar, leading to a definite and different melody
that would state the meaning.  And then fade away into the magma (*).
Or something like that.  But not too 4/4 oriented, although your bit
with the highs and low is nice.

Cheers,

Al

(*) pun on the actual band: