[LAU] multiple inputs with wine-jack?

Robert Persson ireneshusband at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 02:20:01 EST 2007

Before I ask my question, I've been getting behind with email as always and
I haven't always thanked the people who have responded to my questions on
this list. So I would like to take this opportunity to thank you to those
people.

Anyway, my question:

Is it possible to get jack to present multiple inputs to audio applications
running under wine and wineasio? The reason is that I would like to route
native jack applications into a Windows DAW such as Reaper or Tracktion. For
instance it would be nice to have a couple of instances of zynaddsubfx
controlled by the DAW and routed back into its master mix in addition to the
two soundcard input channels.

Of course what would be really useful would be to have jack/wineasio inputs
and outputs wrapped in a windows VST plugin, a bit like the mac-nativeVST
jack in/output plugin that comes with jackosx. I believe there was some talk
of such a thing at some point. Anyone know if it is ever likely to come to
fruition?

Many thanks
Robert

--