[LAU] linux audio ready in 5 minutes - using which distro and interface?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 9 07:18:31 EST 2007

Hallo,
hollunder at gmx.at hat gesagt: // hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> There seem to be a couple of devices that run under the name u-control.

I thought, there's only on USB, but I just chose this as an example.
I've never used it.

> Besides, I think it would be best if there was an all-round-device that
> can be used for everything, voice (dynamic & condenser), line in, midi,
> whatever. Many ins are not important in this case, I think.
> I start looking for such a device, feel free to tell me if you know one.

Maybe the Edirol UA-25 would be good then. It's much larger, heavier
and expensive, though. Other interesting devices could be the Tapco or
an Alesis IO/2 USB card.

The market is large, and if you check the USB device list first, not
much could go wrong.

Ciao