[LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

Sebastian Tschöpel tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de
Tue Dec 11 01:38:07 EST 2007

Hi Jan,

> 1) the
> ability to directly ask the author(s) for a feature or bug fix and ....

Well, i thought of that, too. But that was more a general open-source
issue to me and
not directly connected with making music.

> 2) The "company"
> can go out of business and the tool won't be unsupported (unless
 > absolutely no one was using it).  Even in that case, if you have some
 > money, you could probably hire someone to do some work on it.

Of course you could but again: I tried to focus on what a musician would
think:
He won't try to proceed with the development of a tool when the project
is shut
down. At least not the musicians i know. They want to produce music as easy
as possible :)

Thanks for your ideas.

Best regards,
Sebastian.