[LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Dec 11 10:06:26 EST 2007

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 schrieb Rob:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 09:04, Charles Linart wrote:
> > As for "quantizing the groove" -- I don't even know what that
> > means, but it probably has something to do with the fact that 99
> Just because you're ignorant about a function doesn't mean it's
> unimportant.  Also, "You don't need that feature, it sucks anyway"
> followed by a rant about how successful music sucks, is an evasion,
> not a real argument, even if you did know what the hell you were
> talking about.

But actually the beatles are more successfull than these new casted bands that
change name/members/style/quantization every year.
And all the "quantizing by groove" is a nice academic project (think about
neuronal networks and such to recreate the groove of some fancy drummer) but
in reality there is nothing better than jamming with real persons with real
groove with real sloppiness. Except maybe when doing techno (=eletronic music
with a beat != electronic experimental music) but who needs a special, not
handcoded artificial groove in techno anyway?

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---