[LAU] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.5

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Dec 12 10:51:00 EST 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 15:10, gimpel wrote:
> Could you please rename the tarball on sourceforge to .gz or upload a real
> .bz2?

Several people have asked me this.  Apologies for the mistake; I've uploaded a
real .bz2 now, to replace the bz2 with a gz extension I originally uploaded.

While I'm grateful to have the error caught, I'm intrigued as to why so many
people thought this was important enough to write an email about -- why would
anyone really care?  Surely anyone prepared to build this from source is
capable of unpacking an archive that happens to have the wrong extension?  Am
I missing something?

Chris