[LAU] AVSynthesis demos

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 12 20:57:50 EST 2007

Geoff Beasley wrote:
> hey Dave, they are beautiful. how do you use Csound ? do you use a frontend ?
> never used it before, but the sound was fantastic.
>
> enlighten me
AVSynthesis includes an integrated front-end for Csound 5.07. The front
consists of up to three synths (each can be one of two analog synths, a
noise generator, a soundfile loop player, or an FM synth) and three
processors per GLSL visual layer. The synths and processors are Csound
instruments pre-programmed by Jean-Pierre Lemoine.

The program produces a series of TGA image files created by the OpenGL
shaders and a WAV soundtrack created by Csound. I used mencoder to join
the images and the soundfile to make my animations.

There you have it. :)

Btw, the realtime videos can be fantastic. I did produce some
high-resolution animations, but they were far too large for Web
distribution.

Some day I'll add some more descriptive notes to the README. :-/

Best,

dp