[LAU] Rubber Band v1.0.1 - an audio time-stretching and pitch-shifting library and utility

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Dec 13 17:43:24 EST 2007

On 13 December 2007 at 22:26, "Chris Cannam" <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> Rubber Band is an audio time-stretching and pitch-shifting library and
> utility designed for musical applications.
>
>  http://www.breakfastquay.com/rubberband/
>
> It includes a library that supports a sample-accurate multithreaded
> offline mode and a real-time lock-free streaming mode; a command-line
> utility program; and a LADSPA pitch-shifter plugin.  Rubber Band is
> Free Software under the GNU GPL.
>
> This small update (v1.0.1) fixes an option parsing bug and a dodgy
> bit of #ifdef nesting.  The core code is the same as in 1.0.

Very cool.  I find myself needing to pitch shift something, rather my
friends ask me to do this for them, a few times a year.  Quite a long
time ago I found the real-time time stretcher in Snd to be quite good
compared to the same in either SoX or Audacity.  Would you have any
feel for how Rubber Band compares to any of these three programs?

Yeah, I know I need to find out for myself, and I will .....

Thanks again Chris!

--
Kevin