[LAU] Rubber Band v1.0.1 - an audio time-stretching and pitch-shifting library and utility

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Dec 13 23:11:32 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 02:43:24PM -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> On 13 December 2007 at 22:26, "Chris Cannam" <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
>
> > Rubber Band is an audio time-stretching and pitch-shifting library and
> > utility designed for musical applications.
> >
> >  http://www.breakfastquay.com/rubberband/
> >
> > It includes a library that supports a sample-accurate multithreaded
> > offline mode and a real-time lock-free streaming mode; a command-line
> > utility program; and a LADSPA pitch-shifter plugin.  Rubber Band is
> > Free Software under the GNU GPL.
> >
> > This small update (v1.0.1) fixes an option parsing bug and a dodgy
> > bit of #ifdef nesting.  The core code is the same as in 1.0.
>
> Very cool.  I find myself needing to pitch shift something, rather my
> friends ask me to do this for them, a few times a year.  Quite a long
> time ago I found the real-time time stretcher in Snd to be quite good
> compared to the same in either SoX or Audacity.  Would you have any
> feel for how Rubber Band compares to any of these three programs?
>
> Yeah, I know I need to find out for myself, and I will .....

There doesn't appear to be a vamp-sdk package for debian, alas.

The README for Rubber Band doesn't mention where to get vamp-sdk either. Google turned up a bunch of stuff at http://www.vamp-plugins.org/download.html , but I couldn't find vamp-sdk, rather vamp-aubio, Queen Mary, and a bunch of other interesting stuff.

-ken