[LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Dec 13 23:31:42 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 23:57 +0000, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:

> Well, Sean Bolton stopped developing Xsynth-DSSI, and I took it to some
> pretty strange places after that.  It's pretty easy to get your head
> around.

If you want to be a professional developer you have to get your head
around a lot of other peoples code so working on Linux apps is a very
good way to train with instant positive benefits to the whole
community...

I would rather see more people learn the development process with Linux
Audio Apps and contribute something back to the community than pay money
for new features.

However we should have a way for people to contribute cash to a global
fund if they want and the consortium has been dragging it's feet on this
point for some time. There have been several conversations on this topic
in the past and it is high time some action is taken.

I would love if the consortium was able to provide a yearly award or set
of awards and it would be great to have them presented at the LAC. It's
a small thing that can be done to acknowledge the hard work of the many
people who contribute valuable work to the Linux Audio Community.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.