[LAU] Strange problems with Audacity

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Sun Dec 16 13:25:16 EST 2007

Am Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2007 schrieb Sebastian Tschöpel:
> Is there a comparable jack-capable tool outthere? A tool that will
> provide at least the basic editing, basic dsp (normalize, converting,
> timestretch/pitchshift, eq, amp, maybe spectral view) and
> ladspa-capable? Doesn't have to be a multitracker or very complex. just
> something between basic & advanced.

See here for a short overview of some popular linux audio editors:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/11/20/linux-audio-editors-an-overview.html

If JACK is absolutely a must, I'd go for ReZound or mhwavedit. For
timestretching/pitch shifting, look at the new rubberband library, it's far
better than what audacity can do. Ardour2 already uses it in the current
2.0-ongoing svn branch, it's a real quality improvement.