[LAU] [ANN] gcomposer 0.9 - a tool to write music

sed at free.fr sed at free.fr
Mon Dec 17 04:42:57 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

gcomposer is out, 0.9, first version.

It's a little tool to write music (a mini rosegarden,
denemo, nted, canorus, ...).

It's small and should be fast.

I am looking for people to test the
playback system. Since I run OSS (shame on me)
it may or not work on recent architectures (ALSA,
JACK, whatever). The main question is whether MIDI
works.

I also wonder what you would think about the input
mechanism developed, which is very keyboard-centric.

Another point is the tutorial mechanism: is it good
and useful or not?

(And of course I need to know whether the program
crashes a lot or not. Normally it should not.)

It requires gtk.

It is released in the public domain.

http://sed.free.fr/gcomposer

Take care,