[LAU] from cassette/LP to cd (which hardware?)

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Tue Dec 18 11:03:06 EST 2007

Tuesday, 18 December 2007 alle 15:17:56, Studio 32 ha scritto:

> Thanks for the advices (still welcome).
>
> What about the hardware part? Just a LP player, and a onboard
> soundcard? And how should I make the connection?

You can't plug the turntable directly to the soundcard, you have to use
a preamp that has  RIAA equalization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization

Typical home stereo amplifiers have that on the "phono" input.
You can then take the "tape" outputs to the computer.

Or you can try to fix the eq in software but even if I've never tried I
don't think it sounds as good. I believe that there are some modern
preamps that have a phono input (m-audio, maybe?) but I've never
investigated them so much.

> studio 32

HTH
--