[LAU] kmix kamix gamix alsamixergui

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Tue Dec 18 15:10:17 EST 2007

> Strange about gamix not working for you because alsamixergui and qamix
> don't work at all for me (can't move the sliders).

Ahh, the joys of computers. You do know that if there was only one
configuration of computer in the world none of these problems would exist :)

> It seems kamix has been renamed kalsamix
> (http://kalsamix.sourceforge.net/). I don't know whether it will dock (I
> haven't tried it and I am not at my own workstation at the moment).
> However there are some debs at
> http://www.autistici.org/debian-xgl/debian-incoming/kalsamix/ so you can
> always give a it a try.

Thanks. I could not install the deb, but managed to compile from source.
Seems to me that it gives nothing more than kmix does ... and the silly
gui is about 2 screens wide, so I have to grab a bit of it and slide it
back and forth ... let's see how long that is fun :) ... update: it
appears that some grouping and slicing and dicing is possible to display
a subset of controls ... not sure exactly how that works.

It appears to be dockable, but no simple volume up/down appear on the
docked thingie.

EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca