[LAU] Xruns and Thinkpad T60

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Dec 21 12:07:28 EST 2007

Am Freitag, 21. Dezember 2007 schrieb Raphael Bollen:
> Thank you for this information and sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I have
> now found that the soundcard is sharing  its interrupt with ipw3945 (wifi
> driver) and it's probably the reason for the xruns.

That is especially annoying when everything is working as expected at home
(where there is wifi) but you keep getting xruns on the gig/venue (because it
scans for a known wifi all the time). Kept me busy for an afternoon. Until I
stopped all the unnecessary things like network devices...

BTW: I wouldn't try to use any laptops internal soundcard for more than
rehearsal with headphones in the train. The quality you get from these
devices is not even worth start jack... Something with usb (1.1) or firewire
is much better. And some even have symmetric outputs to keep your tech happy
on the stage.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/