[linux-audio-user] Setting hardware sample rate of VIA 8237

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Fri Feb 2 21:38:26 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 11:38:20AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 10:42 +0900, Joel Roth wrote:
> > Hi LAU'ers,
> >
> > How do I set the hardware sample rate(s) of my
> > VIA 8237 AC97 sound card?
>
> in ALSA, applications request specific sample rates when they open the
> device. they may or may not get what they asked for. so the question is
> really application specific.

Thanks for clarifying that. I think that another app
(mplayer) from my web browsing may have changed the
rate, or somehow caused it to get stuck.

This is not the first time I've had this problem of
rate-stuck-at-wrong value.  I know it is cured by a reboot,
but that is something I prefer not to do if I've got 28
browser tabs and 12 Screen sessions open, if you know what I
mean.

Regards,

--
Joel Roth