[linux-audio-user] Commercial "clone" of ZynAddSubFX?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Feb 4 21:22:22 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 11:00:04PM -0500, carmen wrote:
> the reason i dont buy their stuff is beacuse the products are uninspired, ugly, and cheap build compared to KORG, and high on prices and low on features compared to CME. but the lame naming scheme, and general lock-in/tie-in attempts with Protools LE and lack of acknowledging linux's existence doesn't help..

Just to put a different spin on this, I have bought a couple of M-Audio
products and find them to be elegant, minimalist, and cheap (in a
good way). Basically they have the exact functionality I need for the
cheapest price. I have taken one of the units (uc33) to several gigs,
and across the country a couple of times, and it's worked flawlessly for
a couple of years. I bought it second hand. Also, they work just fine
with Linux's usb-audio and usb-midi drivers so I can ditch the driver
CD that comes with them and I know nothing about lock-in/tie-in attempts
with any other (windows) software.

I have no association whatsoever with M-Audio, I just like these two
products of theirs I've bought and thought I'd add my 2c.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx