[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Releases : Tapeutape and Tranches

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Feb 5 10:33:56 EST 2007

Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Florent Berthaut wrote:
>> Dragan Noveski a écrit :

>>> hi, i tried now building both appis, first editing the SConstruct
>>> file, so that it installs in /usr/local, than running scons both
>>> times successfully!
>>>
>>> did not played with it still, so i cannot make any seriously
>>> comments on the functionality, but  for now, tranches is segfaulting
>>> while loading the example.tra file.
>>>
>>> i ll do some real tests in the next days and report!
>>>
>>> thanks and cheers,
>>> doc
>>>

>> Did you launch tranches while an app was the transport master for jack ?
>> Otherwise tranches will segfault (i'll fix this soon), usually i
>> start seq24 as the transport master and then press the play button in
>> it.
>> After that i launch tranches .
>> Actually tranches need to know the bpm of jack transport, that's why
>> it segfault if transport is not active .
>> I'll find a way to fix this, it shouldn't be too complicated .
>>
>> Flo
>>

> please give me some time to found out more about tranches and do some
> serious test.
> i tried now running seq24 as a transport master, but still the segfault.
>
> i ll report (promise!).
>
> cheers,
> doc

ok, looks like this here:

i changed the example file in tapeutape, so that the paths to the
samples are showing to some samples in my homedir, and look  - it works
very well  with seq24  and jack.
unfortunately, i really don´t understand the example file in tranches.
is tranches designed to control  a hardware midi  stuff (i don´t have
any here)?

generally, please don´t get me wrong or nonconstructive, but for me
editing the example file for being able to play samples is really
complicated!
what we need is some "specimen" mechanism, but i don´t know how heavy it
is to design sth like that. ( i can imagine, it is not simple at all!)

for now, tapeutape works good and stable here, i ll play more with this!!

thanks for your work and the support,
cheers,
doc